Tahoe's 30 JBJ rimless nano.

I edited the crap out of that thread but all was caught in quotes -HA-
how funny are aquarists with a passion
lol I don't recall that but sounds like a typical day at the park prob 09ish man those days. Great tank !
 
That's unfortunate but totally understandable. My clowns would probably come through the glass after me if I took away their Nems.

What's your experience been with owning a Maxi-Mini? I've personally always felt they seems like overpriced Zoa, but looking at Zoa prices these days, this may not be the case anymore :P . In all seriousness though, do you get any more/less enjoyment out of it then you do some of the other things in your tank.
 
Mini's are incredibly tough, they move very little, require lower to mod lighting and their coloration is amazing. No clown fish action of course. Also easily propagated.

My first love anemone are the Carpets though, with harems or pairs of clowns.

About 7 years ago I started serious sps and I can not kick the addiction.

One day when I become rich and famous I'll have a large tank for each. :p
 
The JBJ 20 gal is no more it turned into this yesterday, a JBJ 30 gallon. All the equipment transferred right over.

 
Good for you, more room more corals :)

Hi Chris :D.

Must resist for awhile. There are a couple pieces I want eventually but I am not going to over crowd this one.

:)More room = more sps

It's a vicious cycle!

I have always wanted a Palmers Blue Milleopora and I might add a Hyacinthus Acropora, but I am done after that unless an Orange Passion falls into my lap.
 
The finished product, day 3. Experienced a slight alk issue but that is resolving. Acropora and other corals open. The only coral that has not opened is the Red Goniopora, strange. Everything is now glued down. Just need to finish the lid, add a couple more fish.


 
It looks so nekid' now. Just means more room for more stuffs.

What pumps are in the back of yours? My 28g came with 2 Maxi Jet 1200s which I was told were an upgrade, but I'm still on the fence about them.
 
It looks so nekid' now. Just means more room for more stuffs.

What pumps are in the back of yours? My 28g came with 2 Maxi Jet 1200s which I was told were an upgrade, but I'm still on the fence about them.

Oh I like nedkid lol. :eek:

Page one through three are the JBJ 20 RL frag tank. I then upgraded to the JBJ 30 RL, love this tank. I know I should have made another thread, but who really reads my build threads, and it was more of instant tank, just transfer everything over and boom!

Yes they are the Maxi I am pretty sure, I upgraded the 20 with the Colbalt, it's 295 vs 265 so yeah an improvement.

I am actually fish shopping right now, I have soooo many acropora I just got to let them do their thing. Currently I have 15 different acropora types, 6 other sps, so yeah I have to just stop. Now if a couple sps that I covet become available I would consider them. If I do not stop now I am gonna have issues.
 
Hey wait a minute now, I deserve a little credit here. I actually read that you switched from the 20 to the 30 which is more similar to my 28, hence why I asked about the pumps :P

FWIW, be glad you have the rimless, mine was once a hooded but the person I bought if from wanted $150 for the tank and another $100 for the hood so mine is hoodless but has the trim. Wanna talk about an inconvenience....
 
I had the 28 for 6 years lol, the HQI, nothing like running an HQI with a broken chiller in Az over the summer. That tank served me well, but after 6 years it was ready for retirement or a home to goldfish.

Sorry, I thought maybe you did not notice the change, thanks for reading the whole thread. ;)
 
Last edited:
Ok Tahoe, I'm not color-blind, but I am a guy which means I don't see color as well as you do according to nature. That said that is one red looking Milli to me. Is it the lighting throwing me off or am I just not seeing it as you are?

I should have some tank updates up tomorrow. Sadly more bad news on the UAS :( .
 
Ok Tahoe, I'm not color-blind, but I am a guy which means I don't see color as well as you do according to nature. That said that is one red looking Milli to me. Is it the lighting throwing me off or am I just not seeing it as you are?

I should have some tank updates up tomorrow. Sadly more bad news on the UAS :( .


Ohhh I am sorry to hear that, look forward to the update. The UAS had extremely curious.

My camera sucks!!!!!!:mad: It's golden in color with brown polyps, looks like your typical sunset mill just golden coraillite structures and base. Nawww it's like a red mill in the image. So frustrating when you want to capture the cool colors of your acropora. MUST have better camera. Maybe Xmas.

Love it and see why you give such good advice.

That is a really nice thing for you to post.

Thanks for the encouragement.:)
 
Thought I would stop by and see your progress. Lady u take excellent pic's . U have a good eye for detail too.
Nice collection of corals too. The new digs look so clean . I read you dose kalk but have burned through some Tunze ato pumps ? Are you decanting just the clear before you put it in the top off ? I have a buddy that a JBJ 30 that is packed with corals with an XR15 pro . (it's not enough light ). He already has shading issues . All this will be rectified with his new build n new lights . He also doses kalk (mrs wages pickling lime ) . The Tunze 3152? has not burnt out a ato pump yet .
 
Very nice tahoe. Good luck with not overcrowding. Hope you are more self controlled than me. ;-) just can't help myself. What fish are you shopping for?
 
Thought I would stop by and see your progress. Lady u take excellent pic's . U have a good eye for detail too.
Nice collection of corals too. The new digs look so clean . I read you dose kalk but have burned through some Tunze ato pumps ? Are you decanting just the clear before you put it in the top off ? I have a buddy that a JBJ 30 that is packed with corals with an XR15 pro . (it's not enough light ). He already has shading issues . All this will be rectified with his new build n new lights . He also doses kalk (mrs wages pickling lime ) . The Tunze 3152? has not burnt out a ato pump yet .

Yeah that new car smell. ;)

Truth be told I am watching some algae growth very closely, hence the reason I was so interested in your new tank start up, related to the products you used.

Yes only clear fluid to the ATO, but you can not be too careful and you always get some precipitant, it a cumulative affect.

Shading is an issue and I am debating the best way to proceed. One thing I know for sure is I can not go without the shimmer. I have an ATI 4 bulb fixture with Giesemann and ATI bulbs, but the affect is too flat for me so I am still trying to accommodate both T5 and LED. It's a work in progress.
Color and growth for the most part are good, just need some fine tuning.

Yes to the Tunze model.

Very nice tahoe. Good luck with not overcrowding. Hope you are more self controlled than me. ;-) just can't help myself. What fish are you shopping for?

Currently I am looking at a Royal Gramma, a Pygmy Wrasse and an additional Clown.

Acropora buying self control is my middle name, yeah no. :p

I have always wanted a Palmers Millepora, I am also looking at a Tyree Red Dragon.

I know I have very closely reached my limit unfortunately.:confused:
 
The palmers is sweet. :-) I've only got a few sps. More of an lps guy myself. Love the zoas too but they are crazy expensive and although they are supposedly hardy, I have more luck with my sps and lps than zoas. :confused: lol
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top