Tank cloudy tank water, worsening

  • Thread starter Thread starter mk3guy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

mk3guy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2024
Messages
20
Reaction score
28
Location
Broward County
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 gallon anemone tank, had been up for years. Water started clouding maybe a week ago. Today, all the anemones are balled up it seems, but it’s hard to see.
IMG_0377.jpeg
Calcium and alk are low, ph was off, tested yesterday.

IMG_0379.jpeg
 
Last night it was 1.025, just topped it off, can check again in a few
 
I can’t remember if I did a water change or not. Temperature is steady at 79.5. I went back to phytofeast from phyto buffet, but the other two tanks also get it. I changed the refugium interval from 8hrs to 10hrs, bet I have done that before. Nothing that was out of the ordinary. I’m planning a water change, but I have seem some threads say not to if it’s a bacterial outbreak?
 
Bacterial bloom if it’s milky white cloudy and might be dosing too much phyto if it has a green tint to it. I put a flashlight to it when lights out and if it’s green then phyto and if it’s not greenish it’s a bacterial bloom. Just my opinion though cuz I’m no expert but I’ve recently dealt with something similar
 
This looks like a bacteria bloom. DONT do a waterchange, it will only make things worse. If you'd like to speed up the process of clearing the water, add a UV sterilizer. Make sure to increase oxygen levels in the water as the bacteria can remove all oxygen from the water. Other than that there is not much you can do than just let it run its course.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top