Tank tear down because of Dino

johnsamm7

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2016
Messages
628
Reaction score
135
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Dino spread throughout my tank and I'm thinking of tearing down or restarting my 30gal I do have my 8 gal up and running and was wondering if there is anything I can do to save the corals I have in my 30 gal and transfer them to my 8 I don't have many just a hammer gsp and a couple zoas or can I just chalk them all up because of the Dino is there any dip I can do to not invest my 8 gal with it . And for the equipment and tank what is good to clean it with it I decide to restart it from scratch thank you for the help !! Dino is the worst
 
I too am dealing with dino. I verified they were dino with filter test. I read some awesome articles writen by Randy on R2R about raising PH slowly to 8.6 or 8.7 and holding for week or two. I dosed my first kalkwasser treatment an hour ago. I figure worst that happens is it doesn't work and try altering light schedule. Hopefully it does and all that tear down work is avoided. I recommend reading those articles tho, very encouraging.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-11/rhf/
 
I'm assuming you've already verified for sure you have dinos and have attempted various means of treatment? If so, you could just setup a new little 10 gallon QT tank for your corals if you're worried about them getting into your smaller tank.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top