Tank upgrade in your future? Here are some tips for going bigger!

Do you have plans to have a bigger tank in the future?

  • YES (tell us the size in the thread)

    Votes: 370 55.1%
  • NO not at all

    Votes: 141 21.0%
  • Maybe

    Votes: 139 20.7%
  • Other (please explain)

    Votes: 21 3.1%

  • Total voters
    671
I'm planning on upgrading my Waterbox 40.2AIO to a Waterbox 50.3 AIO which i've had for 5 years. I only have fish in for now. Which is the best and easiest wat to do this? Can I use the water from my old tank? I was not planning on using the old live sand but I do have live rock and media that I was going to transfer over to the new tank. Is this a good idea or not? Thanks for any input and or advice on this you can give.
 
I currently have a 65gal thats been running for almost 2 years successfully. I just purchased a 225gal tank that im in the process of resealing and drilling for an overflow and returns. Hopefully will have it up and running by next summer
 
depth is a pain, im at 30" deep and with a 210G and I think a 180 more manageable, not being able to reach your sand bed easily through canopy makes for some long term issues. Next tank will be starfire glass for sure
I just got a 225 thats 30" deep. Thankfully I have long arms but I'm sure that its still gonna be a pain.
 
I just got a 225 thats 30" deep. Thankfully I have long arms but I'm sure that its still gonna be a pain.
Me too, its not so bad if you take the canopy off. And im in no rush to switch to a 180 anytime soon. A starfire 180 probably my dream tank
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top