Tell me about my water? Too clean? Make changes or keep going?

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2022
Messages
3,968
Reaction score
4,419
Location
Grand Junction
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here are my water parameters beginning of the month and the end of the month. My understanding is things are looking pretty good? Could probably use a little more nutrients?

I’m looking to keep a mixed reef at the moment.

I have a 15 gallon tank plus 5 gallon sump/refugium. I add about a quarter teaspoon of Kalk per gallon of ATO, and do a 25% weekly water change.

what are your thoughts?

DC8C70A9-6C99-4FE3-B5C4-DCC6E46E63D0.jpeg
 
For what I see everything looks good except for alkalinity, calcium, and magnesium, which are key for most corals except softies. You want to increase all three of them especially since once you start getting coral in there these elements, especially alkalinity is going to be consumed quite rapidly.

I would also try to get your phosphates slightly down and your nitrate slightly up.

Also just a side note, do you have any of your own testing kits? Things like alkalinity, calcium, and nitrate you would want to be testing at the bare minimum yourself.
 
Here are my water parameters beginning of the month and the end of the month. My understanding is things are looking pretty good? Could probably use a little more nutrients?

I’m looking to keep a mixed reef at the moment.

I have a 15 gallon tank plus 5 gallon sump/refugium. I add about a quarter teaspoon of Kalk per gallon of ATO, and do a 25% weekly water change.

what are your thoughts?

DC8C70A9-6C99-4FE3-B5C4-DCC6E46E63D0.jpeg
Mag high (1300-1350)
Salinity slightly up ( 1.025-1.026)
Alk (??) - generally 8-11dkh
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top