Test kit, Marine Snow FROZEN during shipping

memontgo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2013
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Location
Tolono, IL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some thoughts from everyone on this. I ordered some supplies and during the recent arctic freeze in Illinois (-40 wind chill, -15 actual temp), the shipment was delayed by UPS. Received everything today and it was all frozen SOLID!! 2 bottles of Marine Snow, 2 bottles of Hanna Alk test solution, and a Calcium test kit. Should I try to use them or ask for another shipment? Ordered from Premium Aquatics and Jason said he would replace them (awesome customer service as usual!), but not sure its needed. Any thoughts???
 
I would, better safe than sorry.....I never try to take a chance with my tank if I can avoid it....too much expensive stuff in it to lose everything for a 8.00 bottle of marine snow
 
I received some Acropower frozen solid a few days ago. I used it anyways. I can't think of anything that could happen to the solution, especially marine snow.
 
I just got an order of Prodibio. I've read once the bacteria freezes it's junk.

I can't comment on the ingredients in marine snow, because I have never seen a bottle, but certain bacteria can still be very viable after freezing.

We have done 3 rounds of lab tests on our frozen foods containing active cultures of probiotic bacteria and they were very much "alive" after 30 days. The test results are on our website and the Colony Forming Units/gram were tested at 2.6 and 4 MILLION CFU/Gram for the two respective samples submitted.

We just did another rounds of tests after Christmas since we are printing new product labels and still had positive results. Those results are posted publicly here: Probiotics

Good luck and the guys at PA are great to deal with so I am sure you will end up OK.

Larry
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top