Thanks
@sixty_reefer for the thread I had some time to fill and found this thread very entertaining. I mean that in a positive sense. I do have an interest in pre biotics.
Tropic Marin® Reef Actif
As far as I am aware this product has been around for some time. at least (15 years) As a former Tropic Marin Dealer, I have used the product myself along with a number of other Tropic Marin Products, both in my store coral aquaculture and at home.
I have also used the Tropic Marin salt Tropic Marin® Bio-Actif sea salt which as far as I am aware contains 'Tropic Marin® Reef Actif ' also in Tropic Marin® Syn-Biotic Sea Salt which contains the pre and probiotics.
Consequently they are numerous reviews and anecdotal evidence available as to user experience. This may have baring on any plans for further experiments.
I see you are a UK reefer, for your information as far as I am aware Aqubiomics is available in the UK, I was a dealer in my own shop just last year. Through Oceamo, you should contact Dr. Christoph Denk and ask who the UK distributor is. Or you can have it shipped to the UK.
I was intrigued by the number of citations popping up from some very obscure positions Did you notice the errors in the first citation? I am surprised this was published after revision.
Most entertaining for myself was the intermittent responses from
@Randy Holmes-Farley, just to bring things back in line with reality.
Although I prefer to read published articles on reef magazines by respected authorities. I do agree that discussions like this on Reef Forums are an integral part of the hobby and community at least to bring some form of clarity or at least define questions for later discussion.
Back to reading Reef Notes by Julian Sprung, its amazing how many of the same topics keep coming around like revolving doors.
Best wishes, Tony,