Lights have been on for 6 hours with fish aggressively eating mussel juice & all of two live mussels, some was fed to 120G display.
@sixty_reefer
I will continue to treat both systems, 75G & 120G displays as in the past; balanced and well fed. Because of diversity of filter feeders at both the macro & the micro level in 25 year mature system with 75G display with 30G cryptic sponge refugium and mud filter that recycles nutrients to feed hungry mouths via the microbial loop, I will continue feeding live phytoplankton during daylight hours. I consider the live phytoplankton as one component of carbon dosing and “live food” in is both nutrients & carbon in, often requiring fish biology to complete the biochemistry.
There is a familiar storyline here with a Broadway musical, “Taming of the Shrew”. Instead of Professor Higgins lecturing an ignorant peasant girl, us scientist are feeding specific bioflock enzymes to control the system bacteria where Microbes Rule.