The Calypso, (Red Sea 350G2), build!

you had some nice aquascapes you were experimenting with. What did you land on? Got pictures?
I went with the one that’s in the set of pictures from July 3rd. I will try to get better pictures soon. Both structures were built using broken up Moani rock, rock powder and super glue. Running about a 2.5” sand bed as I will have wrasse in this tank.
 
I will get pictures of everything on Wednesday or Thursday when I’m off. Still playing with power head placement and return pump speed
 
So a lot of you have asked about the aquascape. The first picture is what I went with, which is two separate structures that are backed up together. There are a few other pieces behind and near the structures to allow to dart holes and swimming space. This tank will be fairly populated with wrasse so I went with a medium height on the rocks and about a 2.5” sand bed. The tank has gone through the cycle and the clean up crew is doing work. I need to add hermits soon, but I have a conch, snails, snails oh and snails lol.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5110.jpeg
    IMG_5110.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4992.jpeg
    IMG_4992.jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4989.jpeg
    IMG_4989.jpeg
    269.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4990.jpeg
    IMG_4990.jpeg
    235.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4987.jpeg
    IMG_4987.jpeg
    271.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4983.jpeg
    IMG_4983.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4980.jpeg
    IMG_4980.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5109.jpeg
    IMG_5109.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 38
Top lids lid came in today and I’m impressed.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5200.jpeg
    IMG_5200.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 35
Things progressed great. Everything is looking good, dialing parameters in and will start dosing accordingly.

IMG_5251.jpeg IMG_5255.jpeg IMG_5256.jpeg IMG_5257.jpeg IMG_5252.jpeg IMG_5253.jpeg
 
All the gear is in place. Now I wait for the need to start dosing.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5263.jpeg
    IMG_5263.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5264.jpeg
    IMG_5264.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 30

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top