- Joined
- Dec 29, 2017
- Messages
- 979
- Reaction score
- 1,031
Did the 3 gigantea stay together like the previous video?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
They did for quite some time until i had to pull the blue one to treat it with Cipro.Did the 3 gigantea stay together like the previous video?
The green on gets full light. The blue got shaded a lil in its original spot and the purple gets shaded the most but that is where it crawled to and stayed. I originally had it in more light. It did come in slightly bleached so maybe it isn’t ready for all the light yet. It has regained its color though. 
Was the mag the first addition to the tank? How did you manage all the nems moving around?I’ve always thought the spotcinctus is pretty unique. Can’t say I’ve seen them in others tanks.
Yeah, I’ve left some roomI initially set up the shelving for the anticipation of at least one Mag nem. I know that’s the style they like to plant to and I didn’t know where it would end up. It seems to have settled where I’d hoped it would. It was in two other places before this spot, haha
![]()
Also did a lot of research from experienced owners to get a good idea of were to place them to hopefully reduce movement but Nems are weird and still do what they want. HahaThanks! It is very special and a true joy to care forCongrats man! That is a truly special tank. You are such a proud fish Daddy.... it warms my heart.

Sure why not…..it looks like it’s been almost 2yrs since I posted here, haha.Update?
Awesome! Thanks for the update.Sure why not…..it looks like it’s been almost 2yrs since I posted here, haha.
This is how the tank looks today, like actually, I just took this at the time of posting here.
I started with 12 clown fish. 6 ocellaris, 4 spotcinctus and 2 lightning maroons.
I only had to remove one ocellaris from this group because of aggressive behavior from the other occelaris. That happened after the 1yr mark. I rehomed him and he is doing well.
The three species have been living in harmony as they have worked out their own hierarchy system between the species and among the species. It has been very interesting indeed to watch. As you can see in the video one was out of his area and was quickly shooed away.
They have 2 other tank mates, a yellow tang and mystery wrasse.
About a month ago I had my first pair bond and lay eggs. It was 1 black occelaris and 1 orange occelaris.
- YouTube
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.youtube.com
Then just last night I woke up to my second pair to bond and lay eggs. It was a different species, the spotcinctus.
![]()
![]()
Two species have now spawned In this system. Super cool!

