The first sign of mental illness

  • Thread starter Thread starter Runner
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2007
Messages
566
Reaction score
23
Location
East TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been keeping an eye on my newest coral frags and I actually noticed that the pink SA zoanthid I got about a month ago went from 7 polyps to 8 polyps. It is amazing how happy I am with this occurance. I have this latent hidden fear that a big worm will crawl out of my rocks in the middle of the night and selectively chew on the best corals in the tank. And this time I have no EvilMel Greenskirts to keep it satisfied.

P.S. Anybody got an EvilMel frag I can try in my tank again? :)
 
I meant to save you some, Mel, but the frag I kept for myself disappeared. I think the old maroon clown I used to have buried it in her favorite pile of rubble. It is a shame to think I now have none when I once had several hundreds of polyps all grown from the 6 or 7 you pulled loose of the edge of your colony.
 
You will probably have a few pop up somewhere, those things are like herpes they just keep coming back and are a pain in the pants.

Here is a pic of an outbreak I had to take care of they went from this one rock to about two thirds of the rocks in my tank. I had to kill them all.

035.jpg
 
Last edited:
Here is my old colony. I traded it all away when I sold of my 75G:
EvilMelNov2007.jpg


Here is Mel's original colony in an excellent pic taken by Julie:
EvilMelOriginalColony.jpg


Here is a pic I took of a colony that went through 6 months of 1.018 salinity, then recovered and started growing again:
EvilMelDeathRecovery.jpg
 
I've got a surprising amount from the small frags I got at our swap & could make a frag or two if you can't find any. Prefer trade.
 
Told you they grew like a weed Joel... :D You have to keep them isolated so that you can keep them contained... ;) I still think they're pretty none the less...

IMG_8505.jpg


EvilMels.jpg
 
Nice photos, Randy. Is that purple how they look under your lights? Or just the camera adding some blue?

Joel: Unfortunately, I do not think I have anything I can frag that you would want. I could part with a frag of the 50+ zoanthid colony we just ordered, but the blue in the middle is very faint and it looks rather plain. I think stronger lights are needed to bring out its color. Other than that, I basically have only extra red or purple mushrooms and a branch of a green-tipped frogspawn that I could cut. [I still need to see about trading one of those for a frag of the pink-tipped I used to have beside the green tipped -- they looked good together] And a little plug of that odd algae full of brittle starfish if you woudl like either.

Pink- and green-tipped frogspawn from my old setup:
Frogspawn_Open.jpg
 
Insanity is spending $30 on a mushroom, but I had to have it... :dribble:
hogwarts-mushroom.jpg



At least these will help offset shipping... :adore:

Smurf-Gonorrhea.jpg


Smurf-Acne.jpg
 
I have Evil Mels and the pink tipped frogspawn if you like some, but I am sure that Randy can get you a bigger frag of the EvilMels. I still like them-- didn't konw what they were unitl mel pointed them out in my tank.

Randy, I have been looking at pics of the Tyre Flower Petal online and my frag is..... exactly like they picture online. I first wanted it due to some pics of it on RC with it having a green and blue base and red and blue polyps. Not sure what monti that was now, but all the online vendors have it with borwn base with a green hue and reddish polyps. Just like mine. Oh, and it is growing well. Like I said, I question the pics I have seen of it.
 
I like the $30 mushroom, chop it up and make some of your cash back :)
 
Evidently I have some of the EvilMel's as well. I just traded in all but a small patch to CR pretty recently. I think mine originally came from CR. Mel must have brought some in for store credit I guess.
 
Actually...I have never sold/traded a frag to a store...not even once.

I always meant to do it but just never got around to it.

Seth, those were from someone else.
 
A couple years back they had a wild-harvested colony that looked just like 'em.

Also, I traded a few frags to them over a year ago. :)
 
Working on the first all-mushroom TOTM I see. :)
Nah, I'd have to get rid of the zoas. :)

Those are some of the best looking mushrooms ever!
Thanks!

I gots some new ones. Oh, and they are crazy-big. The main three are 4" inches diameter. They remind of some dirty hippy's corduroys. The huge white vesicles are sweet:

mosaic-rho-with-white-vessiclesandf.jpg
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top