The Fish I couldn’t resist

Careful these guys get really big after seeing them in the wild I don’t think I have the space to spare but they are a gorgeous fish. Good luck
 
Careful these guys get really big after seeing them in the wild I don’t think I have the space to spare but they are a gorgeous fish. Good luck
That was certainly part of my reasoning. Reportedly up to 16 inches in the wild but less in captivity. Average around 9 inches is what I read. I’ll probably end up selling it once it hits (IF) 7 inches or donating it to a public aquarium.
 
Hard to say what size in captivity may depend on how well you feed him And how much space Is in your tank.
 
Teeny Tang took some mysis today. Tiny pieces, of course. Looks like he’s actually starting to transition to adult coloration. If I look closely, I can see curved bands of color starting to show through.

872CC0C8-5A5F-4CDE-BE33-AB8D64908635.jpeg
 
Last edited:
One of my favorite fish. Still can't understand why they are one of the cheapest tangs to buy.
 
IMG_5384.JPG
IMG_5483.JPG
here's couple that I took a pic of while snorkeling in Cozumel
 
Well, I did it. I just ordered another 1-1/12” Atlantic Blue Tang to try and pair it up with the one I have. I read conflicting information about this. Most of it was negative, but a few said it can be done, with BlueZoo Aquatics specifically saying the fish are happier in pairs or small groups than alone. We’ll see.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top