The Mountain | RedSea Reefer 525 XL

Plumbing for the mixing station is complete and has been tested with no leaks.
8DeVCA4l.jpg


This line is what will push freshly mixed saltwater up from the basement back into the tank for water changes.
WaTitZLl.jpg


I made one change to my aquascape in the middle. As opposed to the previous picture, I decided I'd make the middle rock structure bit taller and I like the way this looks much better. Sand has been added and I will begin filling today!
p40PFDDl.jpg
 
Looking good. Can you spin the lights front to back for better coverage and lower them a bit? Three looks like a little overkill in that orientation?
 
The orientation and height can both be adjusted if needed. I do agree with you that the current orientation might be a bit overkill, but I'd prefer to have a more coverage then not enough coverage in the tank. I am going to leave the lights at their current height and orientation for now. I am almost certain I will not be running the lights at 100% even at the height they're at right now. I would assume it would likely cook all the corals.
 
I agree more coverage is better but spinning them front to back would get more coverage in my mind. Depends on corals and placement. Plus there is probably massive light overspill like that. If it was me I would spin/drop them a bit and lower intensity.

Just me though.

GL
​
 
Here is the final aquascape I am currently leaning towards. Only thing I may change is a rock here or there in the open areas of the tank on the sand bed. Thoughts?

e3uXpf6l.jpg


BJaKdXUl.jpg


UmnqdkZl.jpg


u6UJ7dKl.jpg

I like the aquascaping, good job.
 
No work today because i'm snowed in on the mountain. Decided to show the tank some love. Tank has fully cycled with the assistance of biospira. I went ahead and added two new tank inhabitants both purchased from the local petco. I got what I believe is a lunar wrasse, but someone correct me if I am wrong. I also got a gold head sleeper gobby.

Currently breaking in the skimmer after a vinegar bath.
egmnVSHl.jpg


8qaOtlbl.jpg


jVGrfg9l.jpg


isaZJekl.jpg
 
Been awhile since my last update due to travel and not a lot of changes with the tank, but here is the current status of the tank. New livestock additions are: two paired black onyx clowns, 4 Blue Chromis, Red planet acro frag, Small piece of GSP for the island rock. The two original fish in the tank are doing just great. I have been taking my stocking very slow due to traveling and it is harder to keep an eye on the tank, I recently returned home from a trip to find algae everywhere. I am used to the brown diatom phase in new tanks. However, my auto-feeder was definitely overfeeding and really made it bad. I am currently getting it under control now that I home for the holidays. in terms any hardware changes with the tank, I decided to ditch my nyos skimmer and go back to my aquammax HOB skimmer. It is just easier to maintain since it is a HOB and isn't affected by sump water level fluctuation. I wasn't to thrilled to come home from a trip to find salt spray everywhere inside the sump because the NYOS was going crazy. I hope everyone has a great holiday and enjoys time with family!

Full Tank Shot
BZnaIQSl.jpg


Lunar wrasse getting some camera time
Xboj1uFm.jpg


One of the black onyx clowns and you can also notice that the rock is finally starting to turn green which is good news.
gSPjdtUm.jpg



HOB Skimmer, I need to change out the pvc to black so it blends in.
kypczFHm.jpg


Red Planet Acro frag
ZyeiYH1m.jpg


GSP
7AcpHi6m.jpg


the alage I am dealing with due to the auto-feeder
 
Been awhile since my last update due to travel and not a lot of changes with the tank, but here is the current status of the tank. New livestock additions are: two paired black onyx clowns, 4 Blue Chromis, Red planet acro frag, Small piece of GSP for the island rock. The two original fish in the tank are doing just great. I have been taking my stocking very slow due to traveling and it is harder to keep an eye on the tank, I recently returned home from a trip to find algae everywhere. I am used to the brown diatom phase in new tanks. However, my auto-feeder was definitely overfeeding and really made it bad. I am currently getting it under control now that I home for the holidays. in terms any hardware changes with the tank, I decided to ditch my nyos skimmer and go back to my aquammax HOB skimmer. It is just easier to maintain since it is a HOB and isn't affected by sump water level fluctuation. I wasn't to thrilled to come home from a trip to find salt spray everywhere inside the sump because the NYOS was going crazy. I hope everyone has a great holiday and enjoys time with family!

Full Tank Shot
BZnaIQSl.jpg


Lunar wrasse getting some camera time
Xboj1uFm.jpg


One of the black onyx clowns and you can also notice that the rock is finally starting to turn green which is good news.
gSPjdtUm.jpg



HOB Skimmer, I need to change out the pvc to black so it blends in.
kypczFHm.jpg


Red Planet Acro frag
ZyeiYH1m.jpg


GSP
7AcpHi6m.jpg


the alage I am dealing with due to the auto-feeder

Excellent photos! Have a great holiday yourself, too!

 
looking good, like the clean looking scape.... you should get a larger skimmer to fit in the sump and get rid of the eye sore HOB one... the other one you had on the sump looked a bit small which is why maybe it overfilled too quickly, going with a larger one might help. just a thought but none the less looks good. What return pump did you go with? I ordered a Jebao DCP 8000 for my new build... 525 also.. :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top