The Salt of the earth...

  • Thread starter Thread starter TD13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

TD13

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2015
Messages
789
Reaction score
389
Location
St. Louis
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who uses what salt? I have been using Red Sea Pro for a while and I'm getting decent to good results. My colors could be better...

Here are my question(s)...
If you have a decent sized reef (50-120 gallons)
SPS dominant
and... don't add a bunch of supplements (calc, trace elements, etc.)...

What salt are you using. I use soda ash to maintain my Alk, and add come Calc every once in a while.
 
Who uses what salt? I have been using Red Sea Pro for a while and I'm getting decent to good results. My colors could be better...

Here are my question(s)...
If you have a decent sized reef (50-120 gallons)
SPS dominant
and... don't add a bunch of supplements (calc, trace elements, etc.)...

What salt are you using. I use soda ash to maintain my Alk, and add come Calc every once in a while.

There's no salt mix that will preclude the need for supplements in a thriving hard coral tank. :)
 
Which works better than others?

There is no best salt mix. All have their pros and cons. You'll find great tanks with just about any salt mix, and having more of calcium and alkalinity is not a hallmark of better (or at least more expensive) salt mixes.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top