The saltwater didn’t fully mix help

nikosbk11

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2021
Messages
48
Reaction score
33
Location
los Angelos
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I just did a water change and my water has been mixing for 3 hours and I didn’t expect it not to mix fully and when I put it in the particles went everywhere and now all of my corals are sliming mostly my green bubble and my bicolor green hammer. Can they die and is there anything I can do??
 
First of you should have your water mixed and ready to go before you do a water change. Most people will say to let it mix for at least 24 hours. As of now I would make sure you have tons of flow going in the tank and to blow any salt off of the corals, as it will for sure kill that area. Monitor your salinity and make sure everything stays clean. Best of luck
 
First of you should have your water mixed and ready to go before you do a water change. Most people will say to let it mix for at least 24 hours. As of now I would make sure you have tons of flow going in the tank and to blow any salt off of the corals, as it will for sure kill that area. Monitor your salinity and make sure everything stays clean. Best of luck
Thank you
 
For future reference, some salts mix way faster than others. I highly recommend red sea salt if you need salt that dissolves quickly. Their salt is good for me in something like 10 minutes
 
For future reference, some salts mix way faster than others. I highly recommend red sea salt if you need salt that dissolves quickly their salt is good for me in something like 10 minutes
Yeah for sure, check out the BRS video on salt mixes. Its helpful if you want to explore different salt option
 
For future reference, some salts mix way faster than others. I highly recommend red sea salt if you need salt that dissolves quickly. Their salt is good for me in something like 10 minutes
I’ve been using reef pro Red Sea salt. Can my corals die from this?
 
I’ve been using reef pro Red Sea salt. Can my corals die from this?
It doesn't matter what salt you use for the situation you're in. It's more of solving the issue now.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top