The War on Cyano or what ever this is

What brand and type of food are you using?

I've always been a heavy feeder and it worked well for over a year. However, I mixed up a batch of food once that included ReefRoids (I don't know why I did that - it wasn't on purpose) and I didn't notice PO4 being high until it was too late. I'm still battling the fallout months later.

Now I am facing all sorts of imbalance in nutrients and I am struggling to figure out how to get back to where things were.

Thanks for providing an update, BTW, and I'm glad your episode is over!
I feed San Francisco Bay frozen cubes that I get from World Wide corals.

I also stopped feeding reefroids because my lfs said it was "dirty" and that Benepets was much better (link below).

What is your Nitrates and Phosphates now?
 
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I feed San Francisco Bay frozen cubes that I get from World Wide corals.

I also stopped feeding reefroids because my lfs said it was "dirty" and that Benepets was much better (link below).

What is your Nitrates and Phosphates now?
Waiting on new reagents. Last test a few weeks ago:

PO40.26ppm(brought down from all time sustained high of 0.4 over several weeks)
NO35-10(undetectable)

I don’t feed Reefroids anymore. That was a freak mixing accident - I always fed that sparingly. I feed a mix ReefJerky and dehydrated mysis, algae pellets, and Neptune CD Crossover.

I have Benepets. Have only feed it once.

I only feed frozen one weekly. But I’ll try switching to frozen once I get new readings.
 
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top