TheWackyReefer's Adventures in Frag Keeping

What brand of frag rack do you have? I have a few scratches from my racks as well.
Reefing Art.

The magnets on it aren't even that strong. Super frustrating. Gonna have to find a way to cover it up. Maybe I'll just extend the rock fully to the glass on that side and out towards the front a bit.
 
Reefing Art.

The magnets on it aren't even that strong. Super frustrating. Gonna have to find a way to cover it up. Maybe I'll just extend the rock fully to the glass on that side and out towards the front a bit.

I have a Zen Reef rack and the acrylic back or the Coraline algae scratches my glass if I slide the rack by the magnet so now I have to detach the magnet and move the rack to clean around it.
 
Oy, I really need to start posting more. Maybe I'll just give you guys every little update as I do it. Always plenty going on...


Right now I'm getting prepared for the new frag system that should be arriving from Advanced Acrylics in the next couple weeks. The aluminum stand from Framingtech arrived, although that still need to be assembled as well. Lots to do, really looking forward to getting everything in the small frag tank moved over to the larger one, I can't handle the depth on the current tank.
 
Oy, I really need to start posting more. Maybe I'll just give you guys every little update as I do it. Always plenty going on...


Right now I'm getting prepared for the new frag system that should be arriving from Advanced Acrylics in the next couple weeks. The aluminum stand from Framingtech arrived, although that still need to be assembled as well. Lots to do, really looking forward to getting everything in the small frag tank moved over to the larger one, I can't handle the depth on the current tank.

More little updates please! :D

That extruded aluminum stand looks great! That extruded aluminum sure has been great for hobbyists, I see it used on 3d printer builds as well!
 
Two tanks, in the same basement, guess which has established live rock and which had dry....

KU6CWu7.png

(Ignore the bunk salinity reading)
 

Fish always gettin in the way!!


OH! AND, the new frag tank and sump should be delivered tomorrow or Thursday!! I'm way behind in my prep!
 
Slow progress, doin it right.

I have a little work to do on the wall behind where this will go, then the real fun begins.


 
Last edited:
Plumbing is complete, tomorrow she gets wet!! Fingers crossed we've got no leaks!

 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top