This is a real emergency please help with raccoon!!

I now also always have furon 2 on hand. Had a few fish get fin rot and moved them to quarantine with furon and they survived. I also now quarantine even though I have an amazing LFS that is very knowledgeable and only buys from the best dealers. He also treats sick fish and does a kind of quarantine process. I get all my fish from him and have only been unlucky x2 with velvet but none of the fish looked sick in the store or here then in a few days , ick or velvet. But over four years I feel pretty good about his fish and all are healthy for 90% of the time. If they weren’t it was because it was undetectable. I have seen the owner actually do a semi autopsy on a fish to determine the cause of death so he could treat the rest of the fish in the system with the one that died. He also charges reasonable prices for his fish. We just bought two fish from him, quarantined for one week and just watched no meds. Both very healthy and went right into our fishonly system. But anyway I digressed, I agree helpful to have meds on hand because they are hard to find when you need. I usually go for the furon because it is a broad spectrum antibiotic. Verses some of the others that only cover gram - or gram + bacteria. And chewy.com sells it reasonably. I think it is my well water but I get fin rot very easy. Have lost more fish to this than any other disease, until I got furon and a hospital yank 40gal with hang on back filter. Good luck to OP.
I think Racoon May have had a disease also and other fish had died recently too if I’m incorrect I’m sorry but I think I saw a kole tang had died too?
I wish any of my LFS was that good thanks for the tips though time to stock up on meds any tips for QT and how do u feel about ordering fish online?
 
I’ve never had to order online because we have such a nice LFS. But it seems most people here recommend liveaquaria for theirs. If you quarantine and acclimate well I hear good things about them. What state are you in? Good for your parents for home schooling you! That’s awesome. Do you have college plans yet?
 
Here’s a picture of my 300fo tang all the fish came from my LFS except the larger puffer we got in Milwaukee and the eel we took from a friend.

FC96C050-1E4D-4208-9351-04CABA89A806.jpeg
 
I’ve never had to order online because we have such a nice LFS. But it seems most people here recommend liveaquaria for theirs. If you quarantine and acclimate well I hear good things about them. What state are you in? Good for your parents for home schooling you! That’s awesome. Do you have college plans yet?
I am in fl and I am taking a drone course to professionaly fly drones for movies disaster relief the news just about anything
 
The focus of this pic wasn’t the butterfly but u can still kinda c him

He looked perfectly normal other than a few tiny white spots on his fins ik it wasn’t ich... maybe something else

8B67FB9B-8606-4C76-A281-646CB122EEBA.jpeg
 
Here’s a picture of my 300fo tang all the fish came from my LFS except the larger puffer we got in Milwaukee and the eel we took from a friend.

FC96C050-1E4D-4208-9351-04CABA89A806.jpeg
Wow that is some beautiful fish how long have u been doing this?
 
i can kind of see what you're talking about with the white spot, looks like a slightly different coloured scale. definetly not ick.
 
i can kind of see what you're talking about with the white spot, looks like a slightly different coloured scale. definetly not ick.
just letting u know any big white spots is probably drops of water on the glass
 
If hes in qt and it is swimbladder you can try treating with maracyn and see if that helps him keep the lights low water flow low airate the water keep your parameters in check and hope for the best
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top