Thoughts On My Aquascape? Waterbox Peninsula 4820

Britxcdn

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2021
Messages
17
Reaction score
13
Location
Toronto, ON
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

This is going to be my first build and My peninsula 4820 from Waterbox arrived last week and have finally moved on to working on the scape.

This is what I have so far and would love some feedback on the rocks.

Keep in mind I plan on building up some height a little bit. Also when looking at the scape, the large shelf would be at the front of the peninsula. I’ve also tried to include a lagoon on either side for similar viewing depending on which side of the tank you’re on.

Im also trying to think well in advance for coral placement (down the line) so will be using the left over small chunks of rock and mini shelves to add final detail where I can secure frags etc.


my goal with this is really to find a nice balance of plenty of rock and surface area BUT with some inspiration from negative space techniques. The last thing I want is a wall of rocks and ruin the point of a peninsula (in my opinion).

anyway hope you enjoy and thanks for reading :)

B4368BEF-B7EA-48D0-9EB7-5CA09C86B78B.jpeg 90B7F5F1-6351-4A56-AD84-CB0489EA8A29.jpeg 884DF11D-C553-4EC2-B9B1-61254411E913.jpeg 2DA40BBB-1375-40B7-B6C4-A96B65DFCD51.jpeg 29BD19D2-D7F0-4386-9C19-A9548CD8DE7C.jpeg A2C3B497-4DBC-441B-8978-89F52F80F404.jpeg 9FC45777-33F2-4BF9-9D95-E58B0A09EBF2.jpeg
 
!st congrats on the WB peninsula great tank. and welcome to R2R!

yeah that scape looks good man and trick i did when doing my peninsula tank sup some PVC to give you the height of the tank worked great to give be a better idea how it will look in the tnak.

taped out the bottom dems. to really helped with the process you can see it in my build thread. looks like you did that in the box!

dont be afraid to bust up the rocks and glue them back together fun a creative project.
but overall it looks great. so much better than my 1st scape in the 2000s ( it was a pile of rocks ) that what you did back in the day. ha
 
I cut a shipping box for my tank in the exact dimensions of my tank to get a 3D picture of what my scape would look like. Looks like you’re off to a good start. I did my negative space scape by busting up rock in to rubble, then glueing it all together, and using a reef safe mortar to shore up the joints F455A988-238E-44D3-ACEE-0DE75D5EC70D.jpeg
 
Yo I’m interested in getting this exact tank. Would you mind posting some tank updates to see how it’s going, I’d love to hear your thoughts so far
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top