Tiger Pistol Shrimp - redesigning my tank

Rikerbear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2013
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
6
Location
Seattle
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a tiger pistol for my watchman goby yesterday. During the night it decided to dig up the ENTIRE sand bed and pile it all to the back of the tank. Some of the rock work shifted slightly but luckily did not collapse. All of my corals are up on the rock work so are all safe.
I must say I kind of like the look he has created.....it looks very natural.
I do hope he settles down eventually and stop digging so much.
Haven't seen any interaction between shrimp and goby yet :sad:
 
I remember when I put my Tiger Pistol in the tank. He dug a small ditch where I placed him. Then he went to the back corner and dug and HUGE ditch. 2 more moves later he ended up under the rock he is still under. But it is the most awesome rock for a pistol shrimp. It has at least 2 tunnels that run through the rock from under the rock, plus he has 3-4 burrows from under the rock, only 2 are currently being used though. Shortly after he went under the rock, I picked it up so I could get the rock as close to the bottom as I could, and the area he had dug out under it looked like a little den! They are crazy critters.
 
I'll try and get a couple pix later today once the lights all come on.
Doesn't look like he did anymore 'rearranging' last night, so maybe he is happy with his handiwork.
 
I remember when I put my Tiger Pistol in the tank. He dug a small ditch where I placed him. Then he went to the back corner and dug and HUGE ditch. 2 more moves later he ended up under the rock he is still under. But it is the most awesome rock for a pistol shrimp. It has at least 2 tunnels that run through the rock from under the rock, plus he has 3-4 burrows from under the rock, only 2 are currently being used though. Shortly after he went under the rock, I picked it up so I could get the rock as close to the bottom as I could, and the area he had dug out under it looked like a little den! They are crazy critters.
Judging by the look of things I'd say he has tunnels all through the rock scape LOL
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top