Tiger pistol shrimp with bottom coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter foxngn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

foxngn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2015
Messages
225
Reaction score
94
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefer,

For those who kept tiger pistol shrimp, how do you keep your coral on the bottom of sand bed from the pistol shrimp disturbance?
As my current setup I had to lay down alot of tiny pieces of rock for my coral to stay on it. If I doesn't do that, the shrimp will surely be pull those coral, or when it constructing its holes the sand will cover the coral.
Worst of all previously I got a few frag of coral kidnapped by the shrimp.
 
The method I use works well for me....try gluing the frags onto plugs and push them securely into your sand bed. The plug acts like an anchor and keeps the shrimp from being able to move or disturb the frag.
 
I keep my frags that are in the sand away from the base of the rock structures. Mine has been in for about six months and I haven't had any problems.

+1 on the plugs. There I go assuming they were already attached! :)
 
actually previously my coral frag was in plug as well when it kidnapped them.
my shrimp is a 24hours worker with non-stop burrow constructing. :confused:
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top