TikiBird's first SW tank (BioCube 29)

Mine is just a year old this month.
21a84f05f5a7fce06912be6debfdc76c.jpg
 
I am starting a bc29 also! I'd love to see some pics of the sand in the tank with the pink bits. I am leaning toward it but am afraid to jump haha! Following along! Good luck!
 
I am starting a bc29 also! I'd love to see some pics of the sand in the tank with the pink bits. I am leaning toward it but am afraid to jump haha! Following along! Good luck!

Will do, @FizxVix3n! I think a lot of people like the Fiji Pink Arag-Alive also.

I liked the irregular shapes and texture look of the Bimini pink, but we'll see what it really looks like in action!

I've put it in, but it's so cloudy you can't see much right now....
 
Hehe, I have been playing with different setups with my rock for over a week. Set it up, take a pic, think "ohh this is perfect I'll recreate it exactly in the tank because, you know, pictures, and I will only move a couple at a time". Well do you think I could recreate it? No. I have the putty but am afraid to commit!
 
Ha! I totally get that. I just stacked mine up in what I think is a stable way, but I suspect it will kind of just look like a pile of rocks! I might have to do some rearranging....
 
Already messing with the rocks. Lol Saw some more worms. I'm having a ton of fun!

219dbdd491b1e651524d88f86a16d794.jpg
Awesome! I found your thread.....you should have tagged me in it! @helen ann, I see you have found it[emoji12] me and @Chrisfish, have talked with her about it.........hmm......where is Chrisfish anyway?

Nice start, can't wait to see it grow! Subscribed! Just keep us posted!
 
Awesome! I found your thread.....you should have tagged me in it! @helen ann, I see you have found it[emoji12] me and @Chrisfish, have talked with her about it.........hmm......where is Chrisfish anyway?
Nice start, can't wait to see it grow! Subscribed! Just keep us posted!

Of course I found it, @TikiBird has been stalking/lurking in my thread for a while!;):p
 
Last edited:
So how does the tank look today?

It's looking much clearer and the rocks are MAYBE slightly more colorful (or maybe that's wishful thinking LOL). I used a turkey baster (thanks @DLHDesign!) to try to get some of the gunk off and maybe that helped a bit.

Thanks for asking, @cameronh! [emoji1]

c8dd5250f459a5196fef7c29793fed10.jpg
 
It's looking much clearer and the rocks are MAYBE slightly more colorful (or maybe that's wishful thinking LOL). I used a turkey baster (thanks @DLHDesign!) to try to get some of the gunk off and maybe that helped a bit.

Thanks for asking, @cameronh! [emoji1]

c8dd5250f459a5196fef7c29793fed10.jpg
Nice! I just saw that they came out with new biocubes, a 32 gallon and a 16 gallon. These are all led lights now with programmable timers.
 
Last edited:
Nice! I just saw that they came to with new biocubes, a 32 gallon and a 16 gallon. These are all led lights now.

Ooh interesting! I got my old-style one last year at a Black Friday sale at my favorite LFS. It's taken me this long to get the nerve to find a place for it and set it up! [emoji23]
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top