Time for a new skimmer. Which one to go with?

Murphsreef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Messages
10
Reaction score
8
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So its time for a new skimmer and I am looking for some help. I have been looking at the RO Varios pumps, specifically the Elite 150 INT supercone, or the Aquamaxx ConeSDRC2. Anyone using the aquamaxx DC pumps and how good are they? I'm leaning toward the RO. Is the Elite better than the Regal series?
 
So its time for a new skimmer and I am looking for some help. I have been looking at the RO Varios pumps, specifically the Elite 150 INT supercone, or the Aquamaxx ConeSDRC2. Anyone using the aquamaxx DC pumps and how good are they? I'm leaning toward the RO. Is the Elite better than the Regal series?
Hi, I just hooked up my aquamax fc 80 and its perfect. No frills or controls but I leveled it to 7 inch. To do that we used 1in PVC couplers and from day one its been perfect. 70 gal. Heavy load, 140 gal. Light load and the size fits under tank sump perfectly.
 
Hi, I just hooked up my aquamax fc 80 and its perfect. No frills or controls but I leveled it to 7 inch. To do that we used 1in PVC couplers and from day one its been perfect. 70 gal. Heavy load, 140 gal. Light load and the size fits under tank sump perfectly.
Thanks. I am more curious in the quality comparison between the Varios DC pump and the Shark DC pump. Anyone have experience with either one?
 
Been very happy with my Tunze 9410. Set and forget, worked from day one and has never overflowed
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top