Timeline for Coral QT moving into fallow DT

kartrsu

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2019
Messages
794
Reaction score
598
Location
Glendale, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running my DT fallow after I had an ich outbreak. Recently I purchased a new coral that is being kept in a QT tank that has been fishless since the start. My question is how adding the coral affects the fallow period to avoid ich given that both systems are now fishless. As an example...

Lets say I keep my coral in the fishless QT for 14 days (at which my DT has been fallow for longer). I then add my coral to my DT. If I understand the ich cycle correctly, no new cysts would have formed because both systems have been fishless. Therefore, I would need to leave my DT fishless for another 62 days after adding the coral before I can return my fish. Basically, the new coral will have been in water without fish for 76 days at that point. Is that right?

Thanks!!!
 
I’m running my DT fallow after I had an ich outbreak. Recently I purchased a new coral that is being kept in a QT tank that has been fishless since the start. My question is how adding the coral affects the fallow period to avoid ich given that both systems are now fishless. As an example...

Lets say I keep my coral in the fishless QT for 14 days (at which my DT has been fallow for longer). I then add my coral to my DT. If I understand the ich cycle correctly, no new cysts would have formed because both systems have been fishless. Therefore, I would need to leave my DT fishless for another 62 days after adding the coral before I can return my fish. Basically, the new coral will have been in water without fish for 76 days at that point. Is that right?

Thanks!!!
You are correct
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top