Tips for transitioning a Nuvo 16 to a Nuvo 20

Snookin

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Messages
795
Reaction score
817
Location
Tampa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a IM Nuvo 16 for a few years and want to get the newer Nuvo 20 since I continue to hear about the structural issues with the 16. I.E tanks breaking at the corners and losing all water and livestock. I am upgrading the return pump and adding an MP10 and don't want to stress the 16 failing on me.

Does anyone have any tips for moving all livestock from one tank to another? Step by step or just a bullet point list of recommendations would be greatly beneficial. Thanks.
 
Make sure you have extra salt water made up. Just treat this as a water change. I would fill up a couple buckets with water from your current tank and place all livestock and rock in them. If it were me I would put new sand in the new tank. You never know what's been building up in the old sand. Then just fill the new tank up and add everything back. I actually just did this but with my 265 gallon. Didn't have a singles loss. Fish or coral.
 
I did the following and no issues:
  • purchased new live sand and added to the 40g then added new water and some from the previous water change and let it subside for 2 days
  • used almost half of the water from the 29g then transfer to 40g - I took out some water from this tank
  • removed livestock and rocks and moved it to the new tank
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top