Tips on Catching a Bully Bangaii in Large Tank

Don't take him out just add like 10 more cardinals to break up the fighting. That tank is to big for a small amount of fish imo
It’s not stocked yet, I don’t want to overload a new tank with too many fish all at once. That’s why there aren’t that many in there at the moment. I’m going to be having a several more tangs, a group of 10-12 anthias, couple basslets, foxface, copperband, couple wrasses, goby and a pair of triggers in there too.
 
Mine is listless during day making it easiest to catch then. They are active and awake at night.
Agree on fish trap- The type I use:

trap3.jpg
I’ll have to look into that one. That’s another thing I wanted to look into, what kind of fish traps people use and have success with
 
What would be your guys opinions on the idea of putting two more bangaii cardinals into the tank for a total of 5 to possibly alleviate the aggression from the one trouble causing bangaii? Or do you think I’d just be creating a bigger problem for myself?
 
Well I took a gamble and upped the amount of bangaii in the tank from 3 to 7 now. Either I just made a bigger mess for myself and I’m back to square one, or I managed to spread out the aggression from the one bangaii by having more in the tank and things will eventually chill out.
 
Well I took a gamble and upped the amount of bangaii in the tank from 3 to 7 now. Either I just made a bigger mess for myself and I’m back to square one, or I managed to spread out the aggression from the one bangaii by having more in the tank and things will eventually chill out.
I also heard of changing the rock scape a bit when introducing new if possible.
 
Well I took a gamble and upped the amount of bangaii in the tank from 3 to 7 now. Either I just made a bigger mess for myself and I’m back to square one, or I managed to spread out the aggression from the one bangaii by having more in the tank and things will eventually chill out.
I've an alternative for removing fish; Go to Home Depot and purchase 7 brute trash cans. Drain the tank into the 6 and put the Bully into the 7th. Use a submersible to refill the tank, turn your pumps back on and return the Brute Trash Cans to Home Depot, your call if you leave the fish in 7.

So I know this sounds crazy, but for a fish that is sitting in a tank with plenty hiding places and tons of rocks that are carefully places and may have corals growing on them, the last thing (and the slowest thing) you want to do is to start moving rocks. At low tide, the fish will swim to the lowest spot in the tank, so move the sand in the front middle section of your tank (at an easy place to net him) and the whole operation can be accomplished in an hour if you have good siphon hose and a high volumn submersible return. The keeper fish can go into one of the other Brutes if you have totally drain the tank before you are able to catch the evil cardinal. Done this a few times when a smart fish went rogue, Flame angel, torch eating file fish, and others.

handicap approach GIF
Go get em!
 
What would be your guys opinions on the idea of putting two more bangaii cardinals into the tank for a total of 5 to possibly alleviate the aggression from the one trouble causing bangaii? Or do you think I’d just be creating a bigger problem for myself?
Its a gamble and potential war
 
I've an alternative for removing fish; Go to Home Depot and purchase 7 brute trash cans. Drain the tank into the 6 and put the Bully into the 7th. Use a submersible to refill the tank, turn your pumps back on and return the Brute Trash Cans to Home Depot, your call if you leave the fish in 7.

So I know this sounds crazy, but for a fish that is sitting in a tank with plenty hiding places and tons of rocks that are carefully places and may have corals growing on them, the last thing (and the slowest thing) you want to do is to start moving rocks. At low tide, the fish will swim to the lowest spot in the tank, so move the sand in the front middle section of your tank (at an easy place to net him) and the whole operation can be accomplished in an hour if you have good siphon hose and a high volumn submersible return. The keeper fish can go into one of the other Brutes if you have totally drain the tank before you are able to catch the evil cardinal. Done this a few times when a smart fish went rogue, Flame angel, torch eating file fish, and others.

handicap approach GIF
Go get em!
Return the brute :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Why is this trash can covered in salt crystals…?
Stephen Curry Bae GIF by MOODMAN
 
Get Bubble Magus Acrylic Fish Trap. It works every time
 

Attachments

  • Bubble Magus Acrylic Fish Trap.mp4
    7.5 MB

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top