Tips on my new Maspect Gyre xf250

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2016
Messages
2,654
Reaction score
2,060
Location
Nashville,TN
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I bit the bullet and purchased this pump a couple days ago due to me being tired of having no polyp extension from my sps coral. Well I received it today and installed it about 2 hrs ago and I put it in random mode for the time being. Well I have seen corals that I have had for over a year put some polyps out now! and some couple month old ones I can see them poking out a little now! This pump in a matter of an hour or two has changed the tank so much that the sps are now starting to extend there polyps. I am so ecstatic right now! So the mode that drew my attention was the random mode. I just wants some tips on my new pump on how to get the best benefits from it and what is your favorite mode/why.

Thanks
 
Random is cool but I noticed the power tends to stay near the lower side of what you set it at and every once and awhile hits the max. If you have it set at max flow of 70% it will mostly bounce around the 30% range, at least on my pumps. I have two gyres, one on each side of the tank and use alternating mode but with only one pump your flow will just go in one direction, as reverse doesn't work so well. Try out their lunar cycles and see if you like them.
 
so ive tried out random its been blowing sand so i want to try some othe modes which one to try?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top