Today’s coral war

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2016
Messages
2,024
Reaction score
3,161
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone mind sharing their experience from when a Lepto met and Acan? Any chance this Acan will hold off the Lepto?
FE9EFFB6-B38C-48FD-A9E1-21009AACC13B.jpeg
 
I have the same 2 corals about 1 cm away from touching and anxious about moving the acan. Lucky for me it’s still on a frag plug so the acan is easy to move. So far no issues with either
 
I would take a look when the lights are out. Polyps are extended. But they are kind of close. Might be better to give them some space.
I was considering trimming the Lepto if needed, or worse case move it. I've had to trim some others and they don't seem to be phased much. I'll check the polyps tonight and see who's stinging who, that's a great idea, thanks.
 
I was considering trimming the Lepto if needed, or worse case move it. I've had to trim some others and they don't seem to be phased much. I'll check the polyps tonight and see who's stinging who, that's a great idea, thanks.
Trimming should be fine. Both corals look great. When the lights are out, you’d be surprised how far some polyps/feeders extend. Especially chalices and favias.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top