Tom's 1.5 gallon "pico in 90"

Tom@HaslettMI

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2011
Messages
462
Reaction score
100
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going small... real small for this competition.

Goal = low cost system using gear I have laying around and most (if not all) coral frags from my main tank.

I have a lot of ideas floating in my head so the journey may take some twists and turns...

Here is the pico-to-be:





Tom
 
Looking forward to this one!!


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
Oh cool little tank!
 
Fun! Can't wait to see how it comes along!


Chasing the Dream Giver, not the dream! Tonya
 
Thanks everyone for the encouragement and support! Hopefully I'll be able to keep this tank stable and healthy. It is quite a bit smaller than the 75 gallon reef I'm used to running.

One of the great things about this tank is I got it at a garage sale for $0.75!

Tom
 
Thanks for all the encouragement!

Here's my official start picture...



Obviously not stocked as there's no water in it yet.

Thanks for looking and good luck to everyone in the contest!

Tom
 
Now that's a cute little pico! Good Luck with the contest...

-M&T
 
Now that's a cute little pico! Good Luck with the contest...

-M&T

Thanks! But, CUTE?!?!?! ... Oh well, I guess cute will have to do.

I'm off to try to get the ATO, LEDs, and Reef Octopus Diablo DCRS 300 EXT set up so I can get this thing rocking.





Just kidding about the skimmer...

Tom
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reminder... I need to get some pics to update the thread. The tank has water and rock but no coral/livestock yet. I've been travelling a lot for work and have not had time/felt comfortable stocking it yet. Especially since the white LEDs stopped working while I was away last week. So, now I need to see if I can fix them.

Tom
 
Sadly, I'm bowing out of the competition. My travel requirement for work this summer and the fact that the white LEDs on my DIY fixture stopped working are enough for me to feel I can't provide adequate care for the nano. Good luck to everyone else!

Tom
 
I really like the style of that pico. Can it be drilled?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top