Took on 60 gallon cube with Ocean revive t247 lighting

8ChickReefer3

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2020
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband & I took on a 60 gallon rimless cube with ocean revive t247 lighting. 7 RBTAs, Zoas, Frogspawn, Hairy green mushrooms, 3 diff leopard wrasses, maroon lightening clown, starry blenny & pj cardinal. We've had it set up for 5 days now. A few of the RBtA are hiding up under the rocks. The biggest RBTA that the clown fish host is under a rock in the shade. My question is what should the lighting be set at as far as intensity for the blue & white lights? The lights are mounted about 8 inches above the water surface. I'm worried about the RBTA that's in the shade. Also I'm not sure if I smushed it between 2 rocks when setting the tank back up & its stuck. Sorry for all the pics. Does everything look okay? I'm not sure if the RBTA are okay.

20200113_141654.jpg 15789466994267828246699467647785.jpg 15789467377685690673445385022225.jpg 15789468203962841343596769873489.jpg 15789468705257107553624977080778.jpg 15789469216336960699393205951708.jpg 15789469811932853743979341322495.jpg 15789470412318868362793578292076.jpg 15789471028336435201197045282668.jpg 15789471419157923215949081997809.jpg 1578947198989571691923917113804.jpg 15789473051803475295420215893169.jpg
 
Last edited:
Congrats on the new tank! Looks nice ;Shamefullyembarrased

Did you and hubster buy a running setup and transfer it to your home, or is this a new tank and new livestock?
Sounds and looks like it was a running tank. If so, are those the same lights the previous owner ran or are they new?
 
Congrats on the new tank! Looks nice ;Shamefullyembarrased

Did you and hubster buy a running setup and transfer it to your home, or is this a new tank and new livestock?
Sounds and looks like it was a running tank. If so, are those the same lights the previous owner ran or are they new?
Thank you! We transferred it. Same lights. The previous owner doesn't remember what they were set on & my husband messed with them & hasn't figured them out yet.
 
Thank you! We transferred it. Same lights. The previous owner doesn't remember what they were set on & my husband messed with them & hasn't figured them out yet.
Good day what are you running your lights on cause for me I cant seem to find a sweet spot I am running 16%blue 6%white which can not be good but scared to burn my corals
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top