Topping off with RODI Water during Cycling

ChandlerTingle

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2021
Messages
72
Reaction score
29
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Question is it ok to top off with RODI Water during Cycling since I’ve noticed some evaporation?

I just want to make sure so I don’t ruin or mess the progress of the cycle with my Ammonia dropping to 0.25 and the cycling is coming along the Nitrites up to 5.0 and Nitrates starting to build up to 10 ppm as well. Which I’m hoping is a good sign.
Saltwater Aqaurium and 38 Gallon
 
Well you are far enough to be considered cycled. I would water change to remove the nitrites (just future nitrates but non-toxic in SW setups). But to answer your question, I don’t bother worrying about salinity during a cycle but tanks cycle best at 1.018 and 80+ degrees
 
Upvote 0
My Question is it ok to top off with RODI Water during Cycling since I’ve noticed some evaporation?

I just want to make sure so I don’t ruin or mess the progress of the cycle with my Ammonia dropping to 0.25 and the cycling is coming along the Nitrites up to 5.0 and Nitrates starting to build up to 10 ppm as well. Which I’m hoping is a good sign.
Saltwater Aqaurium and 38 Gallon
Yes, it is ok. There is no reason not to top off the water. Maintaining salinity and consistent water chemistry is a good thing.
 
Upvote 0
Yes, it is ok. There is no reason not to top off the water. Maintaining salinity and consistent water chemistry is a good thing.
I have some seashells, Should I add them during the process in order to raise my ph or would it mess the process up. Ph is 7.8
 
Upvote 0
I have some seashells, Should I add them during the process in order to raise my ph or would it mess the process up. Ph is 7.8
Adding seashells will not mess up the process. It also may not affect the pH. If you were planning to have shells in the tank you can add them at any point. A pH of 7.8 is ok. How big is your system, and what do you plan to keep?
 
Upvote 0
Adding seashells will not mess up the process. It also may not affect the pH. If you were planning to have shells in the tank you can add them at any point. A pH of 7.8 is ok. How big is your system, and what do you plan to keep?
38 Gallon tank and Peacock Mantis Shrimp
 
Upvote 0

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top