Torch coral turning white and losing extension

  • Thread starter Thread starter LydG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

LydG

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 6, 2019
Messages
25
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
I bought this torch a few weeks ago, it had dark tentacles with nice green tips. I’ve noticed that the tentacles have shrunk and are turning a whitish color. Not sure what’s going on. I have it positioned toward the top of my tank and think maybe it’s too much light? I have a Kessil 160 light. I’ve attached some pics for you to see. Should I move it to the sand bed?

FCA86447-A8BD-424B-9C28-EB327797BE1D.jpeg 5566B6F5-26B4-48AF-9688-422FA5E7C66F.jpeg
 
I don’t think it’s to much light. I have a similar one directly under a 360we very close to the surface in my 40b.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top