Torch Not Opening and Flesh Receding

  • Thread starter Thread starter rongy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Noted for future reference. I have had one torch split (NY Knicks). Thankfully it is in the lowest flow area of my tank and on the sand bed. I have another in process of splitting and in a higher light & flow area. I will monitor and move it if it declines.
I also have a NY Knicks torch that has flesh recession during split, but it opens fine during the day. This one is concerning because it doesn’t open as big as it was before
 
Posting new updates here: torch is doing better now (at least it has normal polyp extension). I’ve moved it to low flow/light area, and dosed cipro. Not sure which action made the difference.
IMG_9151.jpeg
 
Good luck. I am getting my cipro today. My affected torches seem to be ok now after a CoralRX dip I did a couple of days ago.

If it goes worse, I'm thinking of following this post:

Hope it helps you too.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top