Algae reactors are great for nutrient export, however as alluded to earlier in this thread, they are not a replacement for all of the roles of the macroalgae refugium used in the Triton Method.
It's important for users and vendors to understand the method.
In a Triton Method tank, the refugium is a central part of the ecosystem. It provides:
- Mechanical filtration
- Biodiversity (pods, worms, nems, molluscs)
- Constant pH buffer
- Nutrient Uptake (NO3, PO4 & certain trace)
- Source of aminos and sugars as older algae breaks down.
Conversely a reactor works differently, with it's primary advantage being export of NO3 and PO4 through fast growth & harvesting. This they do extremely well, but it is not IMHO, a replacement for a refugium in the Triton Method.
Personally if I were running algae reactors, I would use the full triton core 7 solutions as they contain the trace elements required to support macro-algae growth.
I hope this helps