True color of ppe chalice????

  • Thread starter Thread starter Keiki
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Keiki

AKA LACY ON RC
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
224
Reaction score
138
Location
Ft. Lauderdale
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have pics of the ppe chalice that is not taken with leds or so much blue? I would like to see a picture of what it would look like in my tank. I know that there are many variables in different tanks that affect the color of a coral. The pics from the seller his hand looks rather blue.
 
Here's what it looks like in my tank....not my best pic....

cheers,
Darren

DSC_0821.jpg
 
.... could you take another w/out actinic (I think thats what poster was looking for) Anyone else I am interested in this piece as well.
 
Hmmmmm.....that picture is under T5s with 2 actinic blue, one super actinic and one actinic white. Those are the lights that are in my tank, so that is what you get! That picture is an accurate representation of what the coral looks like in my tank (nowhere near as nice as the picture I believe you guys are referring to). Please note, I am not selling the coral so I have no need to photoshop the colors....I'm just trying to help with a pic...

cheers,
Darren
 
oh I just cant see anything really at all, Try adjusting white balance in photoshop, or if you have picassa just hit im feeling lucky it will autobalance it for you so we can see the coral behind all that blue.
 
PPEchalice.jpg




I don't remember if this is an actinic shot or not. Its pretty much the same with halides on, just whiter :)
 
Wow Chad, yours looks way better than mine does!

you suck,
Darren

LOL - Maybe yours just has to grow into it. I have a feeling it might be due to the MH's though.
 
I got mine from Chad and it looks great. One of my favorites now. I hear that it only gets nicer as it grows. Its a must have in my book.
 
eventhorizon_14130.jpg


That's a daylight shot of mine from a while back. Taken under six 54w T-5's (front to back: ATI Blue+, UVL 10K, KZ Fiji Purple, Blue+, 10K, UVL Super Actinic).

Thats def a unique piece with the white/green/purple.

Not white dude--that's true blue, or at least should be. Mines a beautiful sky-blue between polyps.

Here's a more recent, but still months old, pic after feeding (that's why it's puffy)

eventhorizon_15545.jpg
 
Is it a chalice or a favia? I thought it was a favia...
 
Is it a chalice or a favia? I thought it was a favia...

Its a favia - I think whoever originally named it was trying to cash in on the chalice craze....

I could be wrong though, but I am pretty cynical ;)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top