Tunze 9410 DC DOC Skimmer Review

So far so good. The additional few inches of height really affords the foam an opportunity to drain. I like the consistency of the skimmate, not too dry, not too wet, just right. The 1300mL capacity is pretty nice too.
PXL_20210418_161740181.jpg
I saw they cup a few years back. Looks like they just welded two cups together. Where did you find yours? The only ones I have seen are from EU and half the price of a new skimmer.
 
I saw they cup a few years back. Looks like they just welded two cups together. Where did you find yours? The only ones I have seen are from EU and half the price of a new skimmer.
Roger had the only two left in the world.
 
And you won the lottery ;)
It was a little expensive, but we're talking about the rare and elusive 9015 cup, it should probably be in a museum. Roger has the last one in a vault in an undisclosed location.

I have the AC model so I don't have the infinite adjustability of all my DC brethren. My only option is clamping off the air, which makes the water coming out of the standpipe get noisy, and who wants to reduce the amount of air in their skimmer anyway? I want it more air! This cup on a DC model would be great too. You could turn up the pump and increase the performance quite a bit.
 
Anyone know where I can find a 9410.001 DC version? I can find the AC everywhere but not the DC version.
 
The controlable Tunze products are in short supply. You wont see new models until next year from what I understand.
Looking for a used one might be an option.
I run a 9410dc and a 9430dc. They are very underrated units.
I have a 9410 non dc as a backup unit.
The non dc versions are still excellent though.
 
I have only found one new 9410 DC its $460. I may have to get that. I can find the AC for $379 in multiple places. I can't find any used 9012 or up. Really want the 9410dc for my 75g. The stupid 9012 which is better sized for a 75g costs more than a 9410.
 
I have only found one new 9410 DC its $460. I may have to get that. I can find the AC for $379 in multiple places. I can't find any used 9012 or up. Really want the 9410dc for my 75g. The stupid 9012 which is better sized for a 75g costs more than a 9410.
Get the dc if you can. The 9410dc is perfect size for your system. I run one on my 45 frag system 60g total. The 9012 is to small, imo, for your system. The 9410dc is rated to 300gs' but for a sps system its rated for a 90g.
My 45.
20220503_114006.jpg

20220607_074820.jpg
 
Well I ended up getting a 210 Gallon tank so the 9410 is no longer an option. For a heavy bioload is a 9415 or 9430 better? I hate that Tunez website does not show the sizing for low medium or high bioloads just says good for tanks up to x.
 
Well I ended up getting a 210 Gallon tank so the 9410 is no longer an option. For a heavy bioload is a 9415 or 9430 better? I hate that Tunez website does not show the sizing for low medium or high bioloads just says good for tanks up to x.
Actually the Tunze website shows what the skimmers are rated for.
An example is the 9410 is rated to 300g's but it shows with a fully loaded acro system its good for 90g's.

The 9430dc, which I have, is rated to 900g's but will handle a full sps system of 270g's.

If you can find a 9430dc I would get it.

I ran my 9430 on my 120 and now have it running on my 80g with zero issues.
20220614_090115.jpg
 
I run a 9430 DC on my 220. I’ve got a lot of very large LPS a few SPS and some softies along with a good fish load including a Porcupine Puffer and It’s perfect. I empty and clean the cup weekly.
 
New or used. I need a 9410 and a 9430 prefer DC.
 
I have a 9410 DC and I am looking to sell it.
 
After buying my 210g yesterday I need to wait like a month now. The tank was too good a deal to pass up, but now I'm broke for a month lol.
 
Sweet. That works. I have a decent Skimmer for both of my tanks for now, but what I have read about this line, I really want it.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top