Two white/grey spots on clown…

PotatoPig

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2023
Messages
1,157
Reaction score
1,135
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I noticed two small white/grey spots on one of my clowns. Could this be anything other than ich?

I’m hopeful this is something like a missing scale as it’s been six months since I’ve added any fish, and those were CB, and I QT all inverts at 83F for 45 days, and all the other fish seem fine while clowns are supposedly among the more resistant… but yeah… two small white dots.

Tank is 75g. Occupants are:
Two clowns
One mandarin
Two zebra barred dartfish
One neon goby
One court jester goby
Three mollies (black and gold, in there as algae eaters not canaries)
Crabs, snails, etc

IMG_9241.jpeg

IMG_9251.jpeg
 
This morning I noticed two small white/grey spots on one of my clowns. Could this be anything other than ich?

I’m hopeful this is something like a missing scale as it’s been six months since I’ve added any fish, and those were CB, and I QT all inverts at 83F for 45 days, and all the other fish seem fine while clowns are supposedly among the more resistant… but yeah… two small white dots.

Tank is 75g. Occupants are:
Two clowns
One mandarin
Two zebra barred dartfish
One neon goby
One court jester goby
Three mollies (black and gold, in there as algae eaters not canaries)
Crabs, snails, etc

IMG_9241.jpeg

IMG_9251.jpeg
Can be sand grains as this happens due to their heavy slime coats. Keep an eye on it as ich will move/ increase over 36 hour period.
Breathing and diet normal?
 
Can be sand grains as this happens due to their heavy slime coats. Keep an eye on it as ich will move/ increase over 36 hour period.
Breathing and diet normal?
Eating like a pig this morning.

I did do a heavy clean of the glass with the magnet yesterday afternoon, which intentionally kicked up a lot of sand as I was trying to move the sand layer along the front so it was below the rim, so a lot of small sand flying around for a bit. Fingers crossed.
 
Being so dark, any excess mucus or sand will show up very clearly on black clowns. As long as it doesn’t spread and the fish continues to act normally I wouldn’t worry.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top