Uncured live rock in sump or in tank?

FangsAndGames

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2020
Messages
637
Reaction score
475
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I gotta question to run past y’all. So I’m in the process of putting together a shopping list for a tank. I’ve made up my mind on adding a sump (a 10 gallon aquarium). I also want to run a predominately (or completely) biological/refugium filtration setup. However, I now have a decision point. I want to add kp aquatics uncured rock to my tank to speed up cycling and help with other things. However I can’t really do the aquascape I want with the rock (like chiseling it into pieces and setting up a NSA) without sacrificing some of the benefits. I’d rather use dry rock to setup my aquascape and add 1 or 2 pieces of uncured rock to the fuge. What should I do? I want to grow macro in the fuge as well and possibly a skimmer and a resign filter sock in the later chambers.
 
Hey all I gotta question to run past y’all. So I’m in the process of putting together a shopping list for a tank. I’ve made up my mind on adding a sump (a 10 gallon aquarium). I also want to run a predominately (or completely) biological/refugium filtration setup. However, I now have a decision point. I want to add kp aquatics uncured rock to my tank to speed up cycling and help with other things. However I can’t really do the aquascape I want with the rock (like chiseling it into pieces and setting up a NSA) without sacrificing some of the benefits. I’d rather use dry rock to setup my aquascape and add 1 or 2 pieces of uncured rock to the fuge. What should I do? I want to grow macro in the fuge as well and possibly a skimmer and a resign filter sock in the later chambers.
I have my chaeto growing in the top 3 inches of water, on top of live rock.
 

Attachments

  • Fuge8a.jpg
    Fuge8a.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 53

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top