Unhappy Micromussa, but I don't know why...

fdevans

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2021
Messages
72
Reaction score
53
Location
Paso Robles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm noticing some trouble with one of my Micromussa. I've already dipped and cleaned any pests from it and water parameters are all quite stable. I have another Micromussa that I bought at the same time that's doing very well as well as other LPS. Hoping someone can give me some insight or thoughts.

Unhappy photo:
unhappy.jpg


Back when it was happy:
happy.jpg
 
I'm noticing some trouble with one of my Micromussa. I've already dipped and cleaned any pests from it and water parameters are all quite stable. I have another Micromussa that I bought at the same time that's doing very well as well as other LPS. Hoping someone can give me some insight or thoughts.

Unhappy photo:
unhappy.jpg


Back when it was happy:
happy.jpg
Light looks different
 
How’s the flow hitting it? Have you put anything in for food, pellets, mysis, drops in water? In my experience I feed my LPS once to twice a week a few pellets which they accept. They will on occasion close up. They’ve opened up fat and fluffy afterwards.
 
I’ve also used LPS drops by KZ, small amount. They get what floats in water when feeding fish daily using LRS Nano food for fish. If your flow is directly pounding it that may be an issue. My flow isn’t low but it’s not direct either.
 
Don’t try to force feed it when it’s closed, only when fluffy. Did you do a water change?
 
I'm thinking at this point that it's due to dinos. I've started treatment plans and hopefully can save what's still healthy on him.
 
Dino’s ticked mine off as well

do you have any fish that could be nippers? Angels, etc.
 
As a follow-up to this, I purchased a UV Sterilizer which cleared up the dinos very quickly. Noticeably in the first 12 hours, very clear by 36 hours. I also was changing filter socks (100 micron) each morning. Since those are gone the micromussa has been looking much happier.

No Angels or other nippers.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top