upgrade my Maxxima 25gpd to a 60gpd filter

dbarker

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2007
Messages
270
Reaction score
1
Location
Anniston, Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Maxxima RO/DI unit 25 gallon/day and I would like to upgrade it to a 60 or 75gallon/day unit. Can anyone tell me what I need to change to make the upgrade? I have the 3 chambers with the 4th chamber on the top of the unit. I have new filters and tubing, is it just replacing the flow regulators? Thanks, Debbie
 
Its very easy. I would look at Spectrapure since they have a special Customer Appreciation Sale for reef enthusiasts right now. You won't find a better deal on batch tested membranes anywhere else, in fact you won't find tested membranes period anywhere else.
SpectraPure Customer Appreciation SALE! 20% - 50% off

$35 for the 90 GPD membrane and $4 for a matched flow restrictor, thats it.
Much better membrane than what you have and much greater GPD still using the housings you already have. I would suggest buying the 0.5 micron prefilter and 0.5 micron Chlorine Guzzler carbon block too, extremely high quality filters at a great price. Most vendors use high micron filters which do liottle to protect the RO membrane which is their sole purpose. God filters will make a membrane last up to 10 years compared to 18 to 36 months for most others.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top