Upgrading tank. Use old media/live rock to cycle?

JimiXellfish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2022
Messages
17
Reaction score
6
Location
Riverview
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says, I upgraded to an Innovative Marine 25g lagoon FROM a Fluval 13.5. I've had the new tank running with no lights and the old ceramic media in the back for about 3 days now.
I'm planning on putting the live rock in today and testing the parameters.
I guess my main question is how soon can i transfer my fish? Thanks!
 
If you use all the liverock from your current tank, and if you bioload is not too big like 2 fish, you can immediately transfer them as the biological filtration will be brough with the live rock. I would just be testing for the first few days to make sure and dont feed too much.
 
As the title says, I upgraded to an Innovative Marine 25g lagoon FROM a Fluval 13.5. I've had the new tank running with no lights and the old ceramic media in the back for about 3 days now.
I'm planning on putting the live rock in today and testing the parameters.
I guess my main question is how soon can i transfer my fish? Thanks!

Once you get the new tank up to correct temp, everybody into the pool!!

Add the fish as if you just brought them home from the store, but otherwise its "plug and play".
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top