Upgrading to Red Sea Reefer 425 XL

New acro is finally starting to encrust.

1692666287463.jpeg
 
What are your parameters these days ? Water change cycle ?
Alk is a little high. Try to keep around 9.5. Excuse Salinity Apex probe - a little wonky. Change 10% of the water every other week.

1708698109540.jpeg
 
What's your nitrate / phos sit at?

I'm struggling to get my nutrients to settle. Tank is less than a year old. I'm currently dosing phosphate
 
I rarely check NO3/PO4.

Use the health of the aquarium as my guide. When I see any algae start, then I will scale back and only feed once a day.

I would never add any NO3/PO4 to my aquarium. Would just add more fish and/or food. Really want the aquarium to be in equilibrium between inhabitants and food.
 
I rarely check NO3/PO4.

Use the health of the aquarium as my guide. When I see any algae start, then I will scale back and only feed once a day.

I would never add any NO3/PO4 to my aquarium. Would just add more fish and/or food. Really want the aquarium to be in equilibrium between inhabitants and food.
I hear you, I'm trying to get a handle on algae before I add more fish and or coral
 
I hear you, I'm trying to get a handle on algae before I add more fish and or coral
Saw your Tank Thread.

Wondering if you have tried dosing Phytoplankton? I found that and Chaeto took care of all my algae problems.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top