Urchin looks lively but dropping a few spines

It should be fine! Just hope on full recovery.

I didn't know they could get infections with spine loss. :eek:
Yeah I knew that was what usually killed them on minor loss that's why I started the thread to begin with.

So far so good he's even more active than yesterday. No more spines than there were last night as far as I could see.
 
Wonderful! I love my tuxedo urchin. I'd actually throw a fit if he passed.

Also, his bag he was shipped in had spines as well. He shed for a week. But didn't seem to bother him.
 
Wonderful! I love my tuxedo urchin. I'd actually throw a fit if he passed.

Also, his bag he was shipped in had spines as well. He shed for a week. But didn't seem to bother him.
I think there was one or two in the bag and to be honest I think my flow pulled off some loose ones. Happy as a... Err... Clam(?) now haha.

Covered and wedged in the sand bed
 
Meant to post Pic.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20210826-155355_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210826-155355_Gallery.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 65
They are very fun to watch. When mine needs extra food, he'll come to the front on the glass where I drop the fishes food. Pretty funny.
 
I'd like to add I purchased a Halloween sea urchin 2 weeks ago and today I noticed just a single spine that fell out.. is it normal for this to happen from time to time?

Nothing otherwise has changed in the tank since acclimation..
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top