Urgent Question on Post-Cooper Treatment (day 30)

TinyCoralKH

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2020
Messages
11
Reaction score
42
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have read many instruction on treating marine ick with copper but i am still not sure about at the end of treatment (30days). If nothing goes wrong and fish healthy with no spot of ick,
1. Can I move them directly to DT(fishless for 10weeks already), or I need to lower copper first?
2. Any tip on how to move fish from Hospital tank?(I afraid water with copper still with fish)
Thank and I hope to get any advise soon as I am in the middle of treatment.
 
There are three thoughts on this:

1) Lower the copper to less than 1/4 the full dose, wait two weeks to ensure no disease breaks and then move the fish to the DT.

2) Move the fish out of the QT while they are in a full dose of copper. This reduces the chance of any theronts being alive at that point.

3) Lower the copper, wait two weeks, then if no signs of disease, add copper back, wait 72 hours and then move the fish. This combines the benefits of both methods.

I prefer methods 1 because I use that time to treat the fish with praziquantel.

Jay
 
There are three thoughts on this:

1) Lower the copper to less than 1/4 the full dose, wait two weeks to ensure no disease breaks and then move the fish to the DT.

2) Move the fish out of the QT while they are in a full dose of copper. This reduces the chance of any theronts being alive at that point.

3) Lower the copper, wait two weeks, then if no signs of disease, add copper back, wait 72 hours and then move the fish. This combines the benefits of both methods.

I prefer methods 1 because I use that time to treat the fish with praziquantel.

Jay
Thank for your respond. So on method 2. If I move fish from full dose tank to another established tank, it there any chance of ick outbreak again? I believe water from hospital tank is still with fish.
 
Thank for your respond. So on method 2. If I move fish from full dose tank to another established tank, it there any chance of ick outbreak again? I believe water from hospital tank is still with fish.
There is always a chance for reinfection, option 2 reduces it somewhat, but the destination tank has to be clear of ich as well.
Jay
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top