Awesome tank and thanks for showing us some build pictures. Can you show more pictures of the filtration setup?
I am afraid that I was an early adopter of the Vectra L1 and I had one melt internally such that the plastic bubbled and started rubbing the impeller magnet. Ecotech overnighted me a new one, but like has been said, that is a real pain in the rear and if you are away at the time, potentially game over. The pump is strong, but it also heats up (even when run at 70%) and then its power seems diminished. If I turn it off for a water change and turn it back on once it is completely cool, it seems to run stronger.
Anyhow, for my money these days, I'd probably wait for the Neptune COR or just bite the bullet and get some red dragon speedys.
Keep it up, the tank looks great!