Vermatid snails? And bonus aiptasia

  • Thread starter Thread starter dach
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

dach

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2021
Messages
102
Reaction score
69
Location
boston
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a weird looking thing on my blasto and it doesn’t look too happy. I think it’s a vermatid snail but idk. It’s also on my candy cane.

In the same day i also found what i think is aiptasia:/. What are the best treatments for each? I have 3 bumblebee snails in the tank i thought would take care of vermatids but i guess not...

E162599E-F839-4CB6-AD47-D9393D0462CB.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1713.MOV
    12.9 MB
  • IMG_1712.MOV
    12.4 MB
  • IMG_1823.MOV
    36.3 MB
It appears to be coming out of one of the mouths of the coral. I don't think it's a vermetid. Possibly mesenterial filaments along with some waste on the end. The other pictures aren't loading.
 
It appears to be coming out of one of the mouths of the coral. I don't think it's a vermetid. Possibly mesenterial filaments along with some waste on the end. The other pictures aren't loading.
Oh man sorry those are 4K vids i took on my phone cause they were very clear. My candy cane seems to have something weird on it and it seems to be similar to what is on the blasto so i thought pest. Here are some more pics from now
 

Attachments

  • 712633AE-B6A9-4BD6-9060-C889A31A1F33.jpeg
    712633AE-B6A9-4BD6-9060-C889A31A1F33.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 06422DE4-2C36-44A6-842E-E56B11A5AD31.jpeg
    06422DE4-2C36-44A6-842E-E56B11A5AD31.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 44
I see what appears to be a tube worm, harmless filter feeder, on the candy cane. I still can't make out what's going on with the Blasto. It does appear to have a polyp structure in the latest pic.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top