Very slow STN. Pest? Video included.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Velcro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2016
Messages
3,162
Reaction score
3,077
Location
Kalamazoo, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,
I'm trying to figure out why many of my acropora look awful at the bases. A few events took place within the last couple months. First, I overdid it with my refugium to boost pH and stipped the tank of nutrients. Lost a lot of color over the matter of a couple weeks. Second, a doser stopped working and my calcium dropped to about 350. My alk has been rock solid, because I measure it daily and adjusted it during this time. My consumption has cut in half since this all started.

I included a video of me zoomed in on a questionable acro with a macro lens. I turkey baste the acro on camera to see if I can see any flatworms fly off, but I see nothing. Wondering if you all might have thoughts.

 
Looks more like a nutrient or perhaps a low light issue IMO, but there are some strange markings there. I'd pull a piece out for a better inspection if pests are a concern.
 
Any updates? How did it go? Any pest
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top