Viperspectra on 125. 2 300w or 4 165w

Mr.Weathers

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2020
Messages
71
Reaction score
21
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a 6ft 125gal should I get 2 300 watt or 4 165watt viperspectras?
 
What do you plan on keeping? Although you'll get better overall coverage with 4x165W, they might not have enough wattage for some creatures down low in the tank whereas the 2 x 300W will have plenty of par available they just won't cover as well so shadowing could be an issue, especially as corals grow out.

jm.02
 
What do you plan on keeping? Although you'll get better overall coverage with 4x165W, they might not have enough wattage for some creatures down low in the tank whereas the 2 x 300W will have plenty of par available they just won't cover as well so shadowing could be an issue, especially as corals grow out.

jm.02
I’m hoping to get a little of everything. Sps and lps etc.
 
Have a 6ft 125gal should I get 2 300 watt or 4 165watt viperspectras?

I’d personally go with 3 or 4 165w.

I have 2 165w on my 90g. I just mapped out my tank PAR readings using an Apogee SQ-520 and differences in PAR vary drastically between areas directly under the light and areas just an inch outside of it.
 
I have 3 165w on my 220

20200528_211720.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top