Vivid Aquariums vs Tidal Gardens par level suggestions

ajtomase

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2020
Messages
366
Reaction score
172
Location
Chandler
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to plan my first LPS dominant system and I've been doing researching on corals, especially when it comes to par measurements. I saw the these two company give par recommendations for all their corals, but they couldn't be any more different. Has anyone used either of these companies or their par recommendations before? Which levels should I be using?

Vivid Aquariums PAR levels
Low: 100
Moderate: 150-250
High: 250+


Tidal Gardens PAR levels
Low: 30-50
Moderate: 50-150
High: 150+
 
Looks like civics recommebdatjons are for all corals with their high geared towards sps. The tidal gardens look like specific Lps recommendations. If you want you can watch the tidal gardens videos on the corals you want to get. They talk about lighting and have care videos on YouTube for about anything out there. Probably better than relying on the vague ranges like this
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top