Want ideas on a new Lagoon Tank!

biggie4jets

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2019
Messages
313
Reaction score
218
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Currently building a new lagoon tank and wanted to get some ideas on what type of fish, aquascape, layout, plants, etc.

Build link-https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/80-gallon-rimless-new-build.740635/#post-7801362

Thanks!
 
Nothing yet? This is what I’m starting with 48x24x16

image.jpg
 
Ya, I'm starting mine with an 80 gallon rimless
This one is a 90. Very interesting to see something. I would like to stay in contact maybe share ideas. Mine is bottom drilled with corner overflow I’m gonna go with a mix of black and white sand and do like a rock garden with tons of Vally ways Instead of a reef like wall. I’m going with black boxes which will be suspended 24 inches Off the tank With some kind of a wet dry sump Maybe 50-70 lbs of rock but mostly larger base sections with a little finesse... as for corals I would like a large gsp colony with some zoas off the one corner but on their own rocks. I have some hammers I am growing out in the main display that once they get a few more heads I’ll cut them and spread them around Maybe some candy canes and some coni And then add monti to my display to replace what I’m taking. I’d also maybe like to get a few nice torches and maybe add in a mushroom garden.

16255192-E805-4E93-964F-605866102373.jpeg
 
Here’s the build thread I started

 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top